Why Use Pasteurized Donor Human Milk?
The Milk Bank provides pasteurized donor human milk (PDHM) by prescription or physician order to hospitals and outpatients throughout the United States. Premature and ill infants in hospital neonatal intensive care unites (NICUs) are our highest priority.
Uses Of Pasteurized Donor Human Milk
- Infants susceptible to or recovering from NEC
- Failure to thrive
- Malabsorption syndromes
- Short-gut syndrome
- Trophic feeds/gut-priming
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Pre and Post-operative nutrition
- Absent or insufficient lactation
- Illness requiring temporary interruption of breastfeeding
- Treatment for infectious diseases
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Non-infectious intestinal disorders