What a year! You've heard that before, right, but it's true. 2014, just like the previous year was a record breaking year for The Milk Bank. Some exciting things happened in 2014. Here are some of the highlights:
- We added Milk Depot locations throughout Indiana, thanks to a partnership with Indiana Blood Center. Donors in cities like Fishers, Carmel and Terre Haute now have a convenient place to drop off milk donations and get their blood drawn to complete their donor approval.
- We added our first Milk Depot in a Health Department last year. Champagne-Urbana Public Health District joined our volunteer Milk Depot, making the donation process that much easier for Central Illinois Milk Donors.
- We dispensed our ONE MILLIONTH ounce of Pasteurized Donor Human Milk. That means, since 2005, we have provided over 3 million feedings to premature and ill infants throughout the Midwest.
- We approved 711 Milk Donors.
- We received 36% more milk in 2014 than 2013.
- We dispensed 39% more PDHM in 2014 than 2013.
- Oh, and we changed our name.
Our team worked really hard this year but we couldn’t have done any of these things without our generous Milk and Financial Donors, and passionate advocates.
Cheers to you for all the ways you have help us grow this year!