Global Big Latch On events take place at registered locations around the world, where people gather together to breastfeed and offer peer support to each other. Their friends, family and community join this celebration to promote and support breastfeeding. Volunteers from within the community host each location, hosting a Global Big Latch On event creates a lasting support network for the community.
Below are Latch On events that The Milk Bank is attending and/or aware of. Find more information and additional events at biglatchon.org.
· The Delaware County Big Latch On (Muncie, IN) – August 3, 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. All nursing mothers will join together promptly at 10:30 a.m. and latch their babies in an effort to help break the world record of mothers and babies nursing simultaneously around the world.
· Latch with Love Picnic (Indianapolis, IN) – August 3, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Indy’s Big Latch On is a picnic type celebration. Get to know other breastfeeding families in the area, relax, sign up for free mini photo sessions, and at 10:30 on the dot, latch on your children with mothers from around the WORLD!
· The Big Latch On (Kokomo, IN) – August 3, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
· Big Latch On of Lake County (Merrillville, IN) – August 5, 9 a.m-12 p.m. Women from around the world will be offering support for breastfeeding and for their peers during this free event, which also offers food and children’s’ activities.
· Live, Love, Latch 2019 (Columbus, IN) – August 10, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. A breastfeeding advocacy event to celebrate moms and babies in Columbus, including an attempt to break a record of moms latching their babies!
· Peace Love Milk (Bloomington, IN) – August 17, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. A fun-filled family event for supporters of breastfeeding. Attend for information, resources and freebies.
· Live, Love, Latch! (Louisville, KY) – August 24, 10-2 p.m. This family-friendly community event offers free professional nursing photos, face-painting, bounce house and other kid activities, shopping booths, on-site La Leche League Leader breastfeeding help and support, as well as educational booths!